Revolutionary Inspiration

I'm still putting in work on my second novel. Experimental Fiction is exciting to play with. I've been brainstorming several elements that I could incorporate to make the manuscript a good read. At the same time, the story is about revolution, rebellion and change. I'm being very cautious about how far I go because I don't want the seriousness of the subject matter to be overshadowed by cheesy imaginative concepts. To stay focused, I've been looking at photography of past rebellions/riots, and a series covering the Newark rebellion of 1967 really caught my eye. This photo in particular, which really demonstrates how an out-of-control situation can begin to effect later generations. You can check out the entire series on the New York Times site.

0 Engage in Discourse:

 
 
Copyright © ain hd: Honorable Discourse
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com