41 Years Later - Chairman Fred Lives.

''We need to do more acting than we need to do writing.' - Chairman Fred Hampton Sr. (August 30, 1948 – December 4, 1969. Deputy chairman of the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party)

I was listening to Chairman Fred speak [via video, of course], I heard this quote and it was a pleasant reminder. Not that I needed to be reminded that I can't put the weight of the revolution on my pen alone. I emphasize the importance of action.

Beyond that, I had a moment. Actually, each time I think of Hampton I have a moment. I cry. I get angry. I want to scream. Then a wave of inspiration levels me out. I think of all the positive energy in my circle who are absolute revolutionaries. I want to act. I want to honor souls like Hampton and Mark Clark, and the list of other young people who were wounded, beaten and violated on that cold night in December.

21. Chairman Fred Hampton was 21 years young.

He was taken too soon. To respect his commitment to the community,
act. Use your talents to speak out. Give. Listen. Protest. Be engaged.

0 Engage in Discourse:

 
 
Copyright © ain hd: Honorable Discourse
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com