Looking for A Talented Editor?

From the pages of CL:

Reply to: XXX@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-05, 12:27PM PST

I am looking for a talented editor for my poetry book I have both hard copies that has copyrights on them. I just need some one to look over them. I am just starting out with my books so there is no pay but I can work out an agreement for trade. Maybe free copies once I find someone to publish them. I am also working on another books (non poetry).

* Location: SPRING VALLEY
* it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: no pay

--------------------------------------------------

Let's get this straight. In return for my precious time spent reading and editing your [more than likely horrible] poetry, I get a few copies of the book that you didn't pay me to edit? Wow. I get to read it all over again! But oh, this time I get to read it with the satisfaction of knowing that you're getting paid from my unpaid labor?

Ugh.

I despise CL. Most people who post ads and queries on there are either flakes, cheap as hell, or a mixture of the two. Unfortunately, as a freelancer, I've had to bite the bullet and shoot out twenty+ replies per week in hopes that someone who's actually willing to spend money for quality writing/editing will hit me back. It's a treacherous game of back-and-forth, hoping that there's a small percentage of people using CL who are actually reliable.

But I've learned that depending on people is like trying to fill your gas tank with water- it gets you nowhere. Sound pessimistic? Nah. My cup is half-full. But I poured it.

0 Engage in Discourse:

 
 
Copyright © ain hd: Honorable Discourse
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com