Happy Born Day, Dilla.

There's not a Hip-Hop lover in the world who can deny that Dilla made a timeless contribution to music. I remember when I first got hip to Jay. From that point on (being a Motor City native), I compared any and everything that came out of Detroit to Dilla's eclectic catalog.

I was honored to freelance a review of Dilla's posthumous release, The Shining, which featured a range of artists and a bold and energetic intro by Busta Rhymes. Since then, I've been building my Jay Dee collection, most recently with the Dilla instrumental/Busta collab, Ruff Draft. So today I'm honoring the man who left "The D" with a beautiful soundtrack. We'll love you always.. Rest. In. Paradise.

0 Engage in Discourse:

 
 
Copyright © ain hd: Honorable Discourse
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com