Musical Motivation.

I deal with words. I'm a sucker for similes, a fiend for original metaphors and a lover of the unmatched energy of poets like Saul Williams, jessica care moore and Def Poet, Beau Sia. But as I cling to Amethyst Rocks and spit poetry because "The Words Don't Fit In My Mouth," I still seek inspiration from the sweet, the complicated and the raw rhythms of music. My "Top Ten" is constantly changing. This week, I'm drawing inspiration from the following:
  • The funk of Sa-Ra.
  • The whimsical wit of Wale.
  • The madness of a Murs track (whereas madness=Dope).
  • Little Brother's lyrical grace.
  • The soul of Esthero.
  • Jazmine Sullivan's story telling.
  • Citizen Cope's revolutionary spirit.
  • The love of John Legend.
  • Raphael Saadiq's retro style.
  • Dashing Detroit balladeer, Dwele.
Just in case you were wondering why my words flow the way they do. These are awesome artists to round out any music lover's collection.

FYI, visual art is also a great motivation. Just watched this movie:

BOMB IT. CHECK IT OUT.

0 Engage in Discourse:

 
 
Copyright © ain hd: Honorable Discourse
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com