RIP Ernie Barnes

Like many people of my generation, I first learned of Ernie Barnes by watching reruns of "Good Times." Even then, I wasn't aware of the artist behind all of the beautiful pieces that JJ Evans claimed in each episode. Only after I started paying attention of the creative minds who blessed our lives with expression, did I uncover the name.

Ernie Barnes passed away today. And although I'm sure he's now enjoying his slice of paradise, I weep over the fact that his name may not be immortalized among the most "elite" of art connoisseurs. Such is the tragedy of black art.

So, in everything in me, today, I lift his name. RIP, beautiful. Thank you for your contributions.

0 Engage in Discourse:

 
 
Copyright © ain hd: Honorable Discourse
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com